Who is Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang mentioned in Delhi Crime season 2?
In the nineties, there was a lot of terror of the Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang in the states of North India, specially Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi. This gang had carried out dozens of crimes in small and big cities of these states.
These criminals, known as the Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang , had terrorized people so much that they had sleepless nights. The second season of Netflix’s series Delhi Crime is based on the crimes of this gang.
Delhi Crime season 2
The International Emmy Award-winning Netflix original series captures the lives of police officers in Delhi, while they solve horrifying crimes in the capital. The show received tremendous praise and was lauded for an authentic representation of the daily struggles in police officers’ lives. Hence, season two was one of the most anticipated releases this year globally.
Season two is receiving great praises from critics from all factions, and the show is trending on Netflix.
The first season of the show was based on the Nirbhaya gang rape and was released in 2019. Season one has seven episodes, while season two has five.
The show stars Shefali Shah, Rasika Dugal, Adil Hussain, Rajesh Tailang, to name a few. The show is created by Richie Mehta.
Terror of Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang in 90’s
This gang got this name because of their attire. Kachha Baniyan Gang, also known as Chaddi Baniyan Gang, used to commit crimes by wearing only undergarments. There were several groups operating in different states, who use to rob people in smiliar manner. The reson of wearing only undergarment was to escape if they caught. Before entering into house they use to apply oil on their hands, legs and body, because it would make their body slippery and they could easily run away.
Many victims had also claimed that after robbery the Chaddi gang members also ate food and defecated in the house.
Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang’s Pattern of Robbery
- Group of 5-10 people
- People from a particular tribe in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh were involved in this gang who specialize in guerrilla warfare.
- Gun rods and knives were their weapons.
- They target deserted houses in the dark of night.
- If members present in the house, they use to tie them.
- Murder and rapes after robbery.
- Wearing just undergarments to apply oil on body to escape easily.
Also Read: The Stigma of Born Criminal
- Till 1987, the cases of the Chaddi gang used to make headlines in the newspapers every day. But this gang gradually came under the grip of the police and the incidents started decreasing.
- But even today this gang continues to be active in some parts of the country, or it can be said that other thieves carry out incidents on the same pattern.
Recent Crimes of Kachcha or Chaddi Baniyan gang
In 2014 a series of robberies were committed by Chaddi Baniyan Gang in the Narela Area of Delhi in which many people were badly injured.
In the year 2016, this gang became active once again and they robbed a family on the highway and raped all the women present in the family. A Noida-based family of five people, including the 13-year-old girl and her mother, was headed to their native place in Shahjahanpur in a car late on Friday night. Miscreants waylaid them on the Ghaziabad-Aligarh highway, dragged the woman and her daughter out of the vehicle and raped them for over two hours, the family complained. Police suspect the involvement of Bawariyas a nomadic tribe in northern India in the crime.
In 2021, members of the Chaddi gang caught in Delhi had told the police that they used to do recce of the deserted houses on the pretext of picking up garbage and setting up vegetable carts, after which other gang members would target the deserted houses in the dark of night. They would enter the house by removing the window grills and breaking the doors. The gang also includes children, teenagers and women. They first target the house with a slingshot and make sure if there is anyone present in the house or not.
They enter the house wearing only briefs and vests. Applying oil or grease on the body, they go into the house so that they can escape easily if caught.
The members of the Kachha-Baniyan gang told the police that they also carry weapons with them in case the situation worsens.
- How Blued Gay Dating app became tool of Robbery in India?
- Best Comedy series on Netflix
- Netflix Announces Jamtara S2: ‘Sabka Number Ayega’
- ‘RRR’ trending globally on Netflix for 14 weeks;
- 25 Hottest TV series on Netflix to watch in 2022
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Koo App, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com