There are plans to launch the Vande Bharat Train with sleeper coaches next year. The train now only offers chair car service. The new Vande Bharat variant will also provide its service on the Rajdhani’s route. As a result, sleeper coaches on long routes are required to provide comfort to passengers travelling at night.
On September 16, Integral Coach Factory (ICF) GM BG Malya said,
"The sleeper version of the train to be launched in the current financial year; although, it is expected the Vande metro will starat its operation in the following financial year."
"Now, sleeper train production has begun and will be completed by March of next year, along with metro train production," he added.
Launch of The non-AC Vande Bharat in October
"Before the end of November a non-AC version of Vande Bharat would be released . It will be a non-AC push-pull train with 22 coaches and two locomotives in each direction. Sleeper Vande Bharat is a joint venture between Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd. (RVNL) and Russia's TMH Group. This consortium bet on 120 trains out of 200 with the least amount of manufacturing, and the remaining 80 trains will be supplied by Titagarh Waggons and the BHEL consortium." he added.
RVNL's GM (Mechanical) Alok Kumar Mishra said that the sleeper train will travel at a speed of 200 km/h and will have 16 coaches, including 11 AC 3 tier, 4 AC 2 tier, and 1 AC 1 tier coaches. In increasing demand the coach will extend". As per reports the repairing work of the Delhi- Kolkata and Delhi- Mumbai along with fencings, bridges and signal system will done before the trial launch.
PM Modi announced the 75 Vande Bharat Express in an Independence speech from Lal Qila on August 15, 2018. The train's first run came up on February 15, 2019, and 25 trains are running across India.
Things that make Vande Bharat proud include:
The design and technique are entirely Indian. If the loco pilot misses the red signal a 'KAVACH' system is installed in the train to provide train safety. With a system warning, train brakes will apply themselves. Comparatively to other trains, an advanced communication system is installed so that the loco pilot and guard can communicate with passengers in case of an emergency.
- Drought in MP: Improved irrigation and weather alert systems can reduce crop damage
- Mumbai’s thespian is making climate change conversations more accessible, and how!
- IIT Madras Prof, T Pradeep’s AMRIT filters saving lives from arsenic contamination
- Arsenic contamination is widespread in India, here’s how we can overcome it
- As land bleeds, the struggle for ‘Jal Jungle Jameen’ in Gadchiroli continues
- Why Are Climate Activists Opposing Adani Group’s Kattupalli Port Project?
- 150 homes to submerge: Bothi village opposes the Morand-Ganjal dam project