Mobile internet to be restored in Kashmir tonight
Ground Report | New Delhi: Mobile internet to be restored in Kashmir; Mobile internet services would be restored in Kashmir today evening, as per the report of IANS.
Mobile internet to be restored in Kashmir
Internet and voice calling services were suspended in Kashmir as a precautionary measure following the death of separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Wednesday night.
Voice calling and broadband internet were restored later on Friday as the situation remained peaceful after Geelani’s death. However, mobile internet services remained suspended.
ALSO READ: Who was Syed Ali Shah Geelani?
Police said internet connectivity is being restored in phases after assessing the situation in the Valley.
There was no untoward incident in the Valley after Geelani’s death.
Important Points on Geelani’s Death
- Geelani, 92, passed away on Wednesday evening at his Hyderpora residence after a prolonged illness.
- The family members had alleged that police snatched the body of Geelani in the dead of the night and buried him silently, a charge outrightly refuted by the police.
- A video showing the Pakistani flag over the body of Geelani had gone viral on social media.
- After his death, the police had imposed restrictions on gatherings in the Valley. Phone and internet services were also suspended.
- Police chief Dilbag Singh alleged that some people at the separatist leader’s home shouted anti-national slogans and misbehaved with the police.
- Geelani’s son had alleged that the police buried him forcibly. “Nobody from the family was present for his burial,” But police claimed that Geelani’s relatives participated in his last rites.
- Mobile internet in Kashmir Remained suspended. After his death, the police had imposed restrictions on gatherings in the Valley. Phone and internet services were also suspended. Srinagar’s Hyderpora neighborhood, where Geelani lived, was sealed with barbed wires.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp. And mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups