Top 10 Indian states with the high Muslim population in 2023
12:38 PM May 17, 2023 IST | Aroosa Reshi
Ground Report | New Delhi: Indian States With Muslim population; India is a disparate country with various religions occupied with different traditions and cultures. As per the census report of 2011, the Muslim majority out of the 1.21 billion population.14.23% as Muslim followers of Islam.
Indian States With the Muslim population
- It is the top Muslim population state in India. In Uttar Pradesh total population is 38,483,967 as per the census report.
- WEST BENGAL is the second-largest state with a population of 24,654.83. In West Bengal major follower is Islam.
- Bihar is in the third position of the Muslim population. Muslim community comprises 17,557,809 out of 104,099,452 of total population. It means a total of 16.87% of Bihar’s population comprises Muslims significantly.
- ASSAM is the majority Muslim state in India. The community total population of record as of 10,679,345. If you talk percentage-wise, it was recorded to be 34.22% of Assam’s total population comprising of 31,205,576 residents with other castes and religion too.
- KERALA It is a remarkable benefactor to the Muslim community with a population of 8,873,472. The state is in the sixth position of the Muslim population in India.
JAMMU AND KASHMIR
- JAMMU AND KASHMIR It covers the highest majority of Muslims. The population of Muslims is 8,567,485, whereas the state marks a significant rise every year in this community.
- LAKSHADWEEP It also covers the Muslim population in India. The population of Muslims is 62,268.
- KARNATAKA is the eighth largest state by the population of 67,562,686.
- GUJARAT is the ninth largest state by population of 63,872,399.58.46 Lakhs (9.67%) as Muslims or the followers of Islam.
- ANDRA PRADESH In all Hindu form the majority religion in 23 out of 23 districts of Andhra Pradesh state. The data for 2021 & 2022 is under process and will be updated in few weeks. Muslim Population in Andhra Pradesh is 80.82 Lakhs (9.56 percent) of total 8.46 Crore.
Muslim Population by States (Census 2011)
|State||Total Population||Muslim Population|
|Jammu and Kashmir||12,541,302||8,567,485|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||380,581||32,413|
|Daman and Diu||243,247||19,277|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||343,709||12,922|
More in Data Journalism
- Top 10 Most Famous And Popular Glaciers In India
- ‘El Niño’ Arrives: 2023 Could Be The Hottest In History
- How Many Trees Being Cut In Buxwaha MP And Why?
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com
Donate us for good journalism