Maximizing productivity: A guide to vertical dual monitoring setup for programming
Unlike any other desktop user, programmers need help choosing a monitor to work with. This is because their job requires precision, accuracy, and a lot of detailing. They have to code everything on the backend, from the colors to the fonts and how everything responds. If you are a programmer and wish to maximize your productivity, you need a vertical monitor.
But that’s not where we’ll end. It is not just about getting a more extended or taller laptop; it is about the dual monitor. Monitors like the Geminos best vertical monitor from Mobile Pixels, have better height and viewing angle adjustability. It is best for any programmer to have a better look at their work.
Learn more about a vertical monitor and how to set it up for maximum productivity.
What is a Vertical Dual Monitor?
For those that are new to the concept of dual vertical monitors, let’s talk a bit about that.
A vertical monitor is simply a monitor with dimensions that cause the monitor to look more portrait than landscape. Because they are taller, Vertical monitors help you see more of a website page than the standard monitors.
Dual Monitors are 2-in-1 monitors that work simultaneously together. Since they are in sync, they can either show the same preview or work together to simultaneously show different parts of the same document – like the front and back ends of a website.
While ordinary vertical monitors are great, dual monitors provide better efficiency and productivity since you don’t have to go back and forth repeatedly. With a dual monitor, you can simultaneously see both sides of the coin.
How to Set Up Your Vertical Monitor For Programming
Now that you have been fully prepped on what a vertical monitor is, a dual monitor, and the benefits of the monitor for a programmer, here is a step-by-step guide on how to set it up once you have gotten your Geminos best vertical monitor from Mobile Pixels.
Step 1: Stand the Monitor
Free up the space on your desk. Ensure it is flat and leveled to prevent the monitor from tipping over or falling. Place the stand carefully on the desk and fix the folded monitor. Push upwards to slide the top half of the monitor along the frame until you have reached your desired height. Turn it on.
Step 2: Connect the Monitor
The Geminos Mobile Pixels dual vertical monitor has two USB-C and two HDMI ports for connectivity. Depending on the kind of laptop you use and your preferred format, connect your PC to the monitor using the ports.
Step 3: Set Display & Rotation
Finally, you need to switch the orientation so that it can be ready for use. To do that from a Windows laptop;
- Go to your desktop screen and right-click to bring you a drop-down menu.
- Scroll through the list until you find “Display Settings.”
- Click on this option, and it should take you to where you can find the connected monitor.
- Click on the vertical monitor using the name tag provided.
- Once you have clicked on this monitor, change the orientation for whatever has been recommended to “Portrait” or “Portrait flipped” if the display is up-side-down
The process is slightly different if you are on a Macbook or any other Apple device. Here are the steps to set the display and rotation on Apple devices;
- Navigate to the Apple icon, and click on “settings.”
- Go to “system preferences” from the options and click on it. It should take you to a new page.
- On this window, hold the CMD and select the display – choose the monitor you have connected to your device.
- Navigate to the rotation button on the same drop-down menu on which you found the display in the previous step, and click on it.
- Pick your desired rotation, and that’s all.
In case you still need to jump on the winning train, the Geminos Series is a unique computer setup that lets you stack multiple monitors on top of each other. This makes it easier to use various screens without straining your eyes or neck. You can set it up quickly with just a few clicks, and it doesn’t require any complicated movements. So what are you waiting for? Get on now!
- Data of mass shootings in the United States till 2023
- 14 People Shot, 3 dead: Who is behind Mass Shooting in Philadelphia?
- How many Mass shootings have there been in the US?
- Who is Robert Crimo III, behind mass shooting at Highland Park?
- Chesapeake Walmart Store Attack: Who is Mass Shooter Andre Bing?
Follow Ground Report for Climate Change and Under-Reported issues in India. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Koo App, Instagram, Whatsapp and YouTube. Write us at GReport2018@gmail.com.